Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Autism and "Neuroextraterrestrialdiversity"


The article linked below was shared recently, and a “few” people were not happy with it, because the word “Alien” and “Autism” shared space.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/01/pf/autism-costs.moneymag/index.html?iid=SF_M_Lead

I thought the Video was also interesting, linked in the article. I know those parents, but I cannot quite place where I know them. :)

The first time I became fully aware that I was an "Alien" was when the song "Alien" came out by the ARS, "Atlanta Rhythm Section" band. People had been telling me "that" for over a decade, and I could not understand what "they" meant, but something about that song brought equal awareness to me.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9MW-6PY44M



Whether or not I could accept that, in part, would determine whether I would survive.

I came to accept it, within a year.

That same year a wonderful and much more uplifting story of acceptance of "Neuroextraterrestrialdiversity" was introduced to the world, by someone likely on a spectrum somewhere who shared an iconic representation of his childhood spirit on the big screen.

The movie "ET" is strangely reminiscent of the song I heard a year before, with that amplifying message of acceptance, rather than separation from the rest of the world.

                       
                                                                    
                                                                                  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Y03KJxeeI


The couple that shares their story of challenge from “Money Magazine”, does not share much complex emotion in their facial expression or written words; however, I can still find that "Heart Light" for their child in their words and in the video.

"Alien Acceptance" is "Autistic Acceptance". There is no effective difference, as far as I can see, from my small place I call home on a spectrum, somewhere.

When I saw the video, I saw a family living in a similar place. I sense that the parents and child are not aware of it for their “selves”.

Perhaps that is a good place to stay, if one can, as acceptance can be much harder than awareness, when one finally recognizes them “self” as an "Alien", and does not attempt to run from the "truth".

That is not a "truth" for most people, but it was for me.

Other than that, "Money Magazine" is most often boring to me, except for some of the "cool math". :)

Back to my experience of "Alien Self-Awareness and Acceptance", as I moved past that point I also found easier access to a sensory awareness and understanding of experience that I could not put into words and share with others.

However, I came across others who could adequately express the awareness and experience.

I found "Fred the Robot floating through time and space transmitting a message" from the band, "ELO".


Much later, I found a method of "social communication" to share it with others on "Another Planet".


Informal Poll, I created on the "Wrong Planet" website, linked below, associated with the topic, and the song "Twilight" from ELO, "Electric Light Orchestra".

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt229400.html




                                                                  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-uaXyc6Mlw                                                       



       
Autism, the Internet and "Ideological First Identity", a Collection of Thoughts:

http://katiemiaaghogday.blogspot.com/2013/05/autism-internet-and-ideological-first.html






"AutisticS Peeks!"


It's Good
to Hear

ya
:)!
*


(:@@
@:)
!*



AS
P:

Autistic Spectrum
Perception

and

Perspective



No comments:

Post a Comment