Saturday, March 16, 2013

"E-scape" and the Tree



It is ironic to me
how some seemingly
positive cultural adaptations

resulting in access to instant gratification,

is changing the way people see and experience the world.


From

sky-scape

 to land-scape

to house-scape

to screen-scape


and an even smaller

screen-scape of a "Lilliputian"

virtual digital dimension

in a smart phone.


I too cannot "e-scape" this,


as I have finally given in

and signed up

for a "smart" phone
"plan".


I had a beautiful,
perfect shaped giant oak tree
that Hurricane Ivan destroyed

and left as a shape of
a dinosaur skeleton.

I had lights around the tree
pointed up into the branches,

which often gave me a sense of bliss

standing in my back yard
staring up at the tree,

"land-scaped" by stars behind it.


I had no idea how much I loved that tree,
 

as I could not imagine anything
taking away something

so solid,

strong,

and alive.



Eventually after it was gone,

I realized how big and beautiful
the sky had become
in my backyard,

providing
even

a greater
sense

of awe
and beauty.


From the stump of the tree,

a twig grew that my spouse wanted me to clip,


but I refused to because it was what was left of my beloved tree.


I use to take a lot of pictures of my yard
and my plants who I felt like were my loved ones,

but when I first experienced immune system issues
and could no longer take care of them as I used to

I lost some of that close connection to my yard.


That twig I saved from the clippers 9 years later
has became a 30-foot clone of its predecessor

that for some reason I noticed today


in the same glory as the same tree

that was there before.


Life is amazing.

And so is adversity.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MbGTQbzou8



Autism, the Internet and "Ideological First Identity", a Collection of Thoughts:

http://katiemiaaghogday.blogspot.com/2013/05/autism-internet-and-ideological-first.html






"AutisticS Peeks!"


It's Good

to Hear

ya
:)!
*


(:@@
@:)
!*




AS
P:

Autistic Spectrum
Perception

and

Perspective



No comments:

Post a Comment