Purgatory M School

IMG_9859IMG_9861IMG_9864
School days.. the first day.. always exciting and
nerve wracking.. all senses.. emotions..
intellect focused for what
WILL
COME!
and grades 1 through 5.. not bad except
for that second year.. at Private Catholic School..
so advanced from my small town school.. in a two
story building.. walking distance from a river home..
and then across town.. small class rooms.. same teacher
all day long.. same kids all day long .. same friends to get to know..
and oh.. always at the top of the class.. only challenge NOT
to make anything less
than
A
A
A
Straight ACING
ALL STUFF SCHOOL..
hmm.. 11 years old comes
6th grade
a beast yet
unknown..
Halls of School Brightly Lit..
homeroom by 8 AM..
but many rooms
to come
with
different classes and different teachers
but still school as EASY AND FUN..
competing against friend Jill
who is the only
one who
can
top
me in
grades
before then..
so i smile brightly just waiting
for the games to begin.. but wait..
a new word comes i have not heard before..
an F word and not Fred by some bully boys
who tell me what the hell are you doing F word..
wipe that smile off your face mister we do not
allow boys to smile here.. don’t even think
about it.. but wait.. i’m not thinking
about it.. I’m just feeling it
but anyway.. don’t
know what
that
F word means.. just that those
boys got some kinda problem
for sure.. anyway class starts
and Amanda taps me on the shoulder
and says you know you have a FUNNY
SHAPED HEAD.. I’VE NEVER SEEN
ONE LIKE THAT..
hmm.. i’m
thinking a head’s
a head.. for thinking..
and dam i can’t see the back
of my head to know
what you
are talking
about..
but i’m too busy paying attention
to Ms. Bonner to become the
teacher’s pet as i can charm
any teacher into
believing
i
am the best
student ever if I just
look into her eyes and
never ever break contact..
’cause
it’s just
naturally
how i
connect
to others in
SPOCK MIND
MELD where student
becomes one with TEACHER
 like
KUNG
FU
MY
FAVORITE
TV SHOW..
ALONG WITH
THE WILD WILD WEST..
oh and then it’s time for P.E.
and i get to sport my new school
sports shorts.. and Tammy says..
HaHA! Fred has bird legs..
and i look at my
legs and think
about wings..
and flying..
BACK from PE into math class
and there is all around sports fanatic
Murry who will one day become
Mr. High School.. Mr. Football..
Coach of the Football Team
and Athletic Director
at the
top
of
his game..
he turns around and says
peabody.. peabody.. peabody..
peabody.. ever so often..
and i’m thinking
hmm..
what
is
a PEA
BODY
Anyway..
Lynn on the other
side chimes in with
skank.. skanky.. skank..
and i’m thinking sounds
like skunk.. skunk..
skunk..
and i think i smell fine..
but she sure doesn’t look
like she likes me much..
this is getting challenging
and i’m starting to feel
like something
must be
very wrong
for
me to get all this less than
‘A’ Feedback from what at
this point seems like
the whole dam
school..
ah.. finally an escape..
the school bus comes..
i can finally relax but
WAIT!.. VICKY
in the
back of the bus..
turns around
to her friends and says look
look look aren’t his eye lashes
pretty they look just like a girls’
eyelashes.. and oh yeah back in
home room earlier some boy says
Hi Mr. Wanda McKenzie
you look just
like her..
and yes.. Wanda  smiles
a lot and has semi-short
blonde hair and spectacles
and her daddy owns a
car dealership but
OH MY
GOD
if Vicky thinks i’ve
got long eyelashes that
must mean that boy
thinks I’m a girl
OH
GOD
GET
ME
HOME
QUICK
OFF
this bus.. my Dachshund
Charlie never judges me..
he will let me hug him
and roll around
at my feet
as always and never ever
call me the F word.. Skunk..
Peabody.. Long Eye Lash Girl..
Wanda.. Bird Legs..
and just let
me Love
him
free with smiles..
and that works out okay the
rest of the year.. but Charlie
finds a way to get outside
the gate and one
day my
only
real friend
outside of family
is laying on the side
of the road..
and i am
too
heartbroken to
even get near to
say goodbye..
and the whole family
cries.. and i never get another
dog and decide if i become my best
friend no one will ever hurt
me or
leave
me again..
except
me…
777
8182015
25
7
723
12

About katiemiafrederick

I like to write.